Tuesday, January 31, 2012

About Ms.Gina











One of the first questions from the students was about me.  They wanted to know what I draw and 'how good are you'! I promised to bring in a piece of artwork every time to show them and receive criticism. (this teaches the class HOW to critique artwork)

You can show your student my website www.silverwingsjewelry.com to see some of my jewelry and read about my college experience.

My art expertise is in watercolor, but I have been expanding my portfolio to ink drawings. These are some examples of the artwork I like to do at home. The women are based on A.Mucha drawings, an art nouveau illustrator. The flower drawing is based on a William Morris wallpaper design from the American Arts and Crafts movement. These are marker on colored paper. Right now, I am working on a large acrylic of a woman with an abstracted background.  I also can't stop crocheting scarfs...

No comments:

Post a Comment